You can call your driver/ rider in our app when your trip has been matched. If you are going to be a little late or early, make sure you call your carpooler and let them know. If you need to cancel the trip, be sure you notify your carpooler and give them enough time so they can make alternative plans.
We encourage you to turn on the notification because we need to keep you updated for the trip information.
- Choose to be a driver or rider
- Input your trip information
- Add return trip if necessary
- Call your carpooler and show up on time
You can use your email address or Google account to sign up for Zome. Your U.S. phone number will also be needed.
Zome match drivers and riders based on their home distance and destination. In order to provide a convenient ride, Zome will try to find the best match that minimizes cost for both riders and drivers.
In most cases, you should wait no longer than 5 minutes after the scheduled pick up time. If the rider/driver fails to show up, you can report a no-show in our app. More details could be found in our cancellation policy.
Drivers are allowed to offer up to 3 seats per ride.
You can search our app “Zome Carpool” on the App Store or Google Play Store and download.
The booking time is Eastern time zone. Currently, Zome Carpool is not available in the west coast area.
Carpooling is the sharing of car commutes so that more than one person travels in a car and prevents the need for others to have to drive to a location alone; each carpooler splitting the cost.
Zome is a carpooler matching App. Zome provides a platform for you to share your everyday commute with your neighbors and co-workers. It is safe, cost-effective and convenient!
For Zome riders:
1. For the trip to work, you get $5 credit for each requested seat if your scheduled trip is canceled in last hour, or the driver doesn’t show up on time.
2. For the return trip, you get $5 credit for each requested seat if your scheduled trip is canceled in last hour, or the driver doesn’t show up on time.
3. If you cancel your scheduled trip in last hour or are reported as not show-up on time, you will be charged $5 for each requested seat.
4. If you cancel your scheduled trip in last hour or no show-up occurs more than three times in a month, you will pay extra $5 for each requested seat, until the next calendar month.
For Zome drivers:
1. For the trip to work, you get $5 credit for each matched seat if your scheduled trip is canceled in last hour.
2. For the return trip, you get $5 credit for each matched seat if your scheduled trip is canceled in last hour.
3. If you cancel your scheduled trip in last hour or are reported as not show-up on time, you will be charged $5 for each matched seat.
4. If you cancel your scheduled trip in last hour or no show-up occurs more than three times in a month, you will pay extra $5 for each matched seat, until the next calendar month.
You can schedule your ride anytime, but at least 2 hours before pick-up time.
Trip needs to be booked at least 2 hours before departure time. Prior booking enables riders and drivers to schedule their day and make alternative plans if they cannot be matched with a carpooler. We recommend you book the rides the night before.
Yes. Before that, you need to provide checking account information in which you want your money to be deposited. There is a minimum $20 withdraw amount.
Simple! Register an account and submit your vehicle information. You are all set to offer a ride!
For each ride, each rider will pay $3 to $10 based on the travel distance.
For drivers: When you provide a successful ride, the reimbursement will be added to your Zome wallet balance. You can accumulate credits for your future rides. When you request a cash out, we withdraw your balance and make a transfer to your checking account. Funds will be deposited within 5 business days. (Please note, there is a $20 minimum requirement to cash out.)
For riders: If your Zome wallet has enough credits to pay for your trip, your credit card will not be charged. If the wallet does not have enough credit to pay for the trip, your credit card will be charged.
Zome has its own in App wallet payment system. If you don’t have enough credit in the Zome wallet, your credit card will be charged.
For riders, credit card information is needed to pay for the ride when you complete the ride. For drivers, your credit card won’t be charged unless you cancel the trip in last hour or you do not show up on time.
Yes, you can.
Zome will display driver’s car model and license plate number as well as driver’s photo on our App.
You just need to download our App, and register with your email address or Google account. Then, you are all set to go.
For each ride, each rider will pay $3 to $10 based on the distance they traveled.